We are in unprecedented times; scary times, and unknown times. The general public is encouraged to stay at home, people have lost their jobs, and the economy is beginning to suffer.
A shift in perspective and taking joy in the little things like having enough time to share a family meal together, or doing indoor dance routines to Lizzo songs in the house for daily exercise, are luxuries I rarely experience during a regular work week.
Spending time with family and friends whether on the phone, video chat, or instant messaging, brings a small amount of comfort that we can remain connected, at least virtually, until our world heals from this pandemic.
Strangely, reading and participating in sneaker culture provides a small sense of normalcy during these scary times.
If you are reading this article, I suspect that you too are searching for a sense of normalcy in these unknown times.
So without further ado, here are 6 Signs That Indicate You’re Still A Sneakerhead.
6. Cleaning your collection of kicks is cathartic. They are spotless waiting for an opportunity to return to their former on-foot glory.
5. In-between daily news updates, your eyes gravitate to Twitter and sneaker websites to peep the latest details on releases and sales.
4. Occasional lace swap ideas still randomly swirl in your mind.
3. You still know the updated and delayed release dates for upcoming kicks and have them (circled) on your digital calendar.
2. IG sneaker pictures remind you that when our world heals, fresh pairs of kicks will be un DS’d from your sneaker closet.
1. The entire world is in a global pandemic, and you still managed to cop a pair of Air Max 90 Duck Camo on Air Max Day. Shout out to Miles at The Corner Store for the W.
Which signs resonate most with you?
Stay safe and keep it positive. The world will heal and when it does, we will wear our kicks again in one giant sneaker celebration.