Sneakerheads live in a tiny bubble where their perspective on sneakers is arguably askew.
Just like Harry Potter fans, sneakerheads know that platform 9 3/4 is a metaphorical window into the secret world of kicks.
Biggie said it best, “If you don’t know, now you know.”
Sneakerheads in the know scrutinize all the details on their personal kicks.
1) Is the material of good quality?
2) Is it a general release? Perhaps too readily available?
3) Is it a collaboration that brings something new to a classic silhouette?
4) Is this a must cop, worth waking up before I go go at 3AM in the morning?
5) Is this pair significantly different than my previous pair(s) of the same silhouette?
Conversely, sneaker muggles, aka the general public, don’t really sweat the details.
Sneaker muggles believe that most sneakers look the same.
It is all in the details.
1) Super premium leather upper, inner liner, and insole.
2) Yes it is a general release, but only at boutiques. No accidental mall pick up here.
3) Yep, the adidas Consortium X Slam Jam collaboration offers a unique premium vintage vibe on the timeless Superstar silhouette.
4) Is this a must cop? Not at 3AM, but at the right price and time, sure why not!
5) Significantly different? Not to the average sneaker muggle.
Do you notice the subtle details as a sneakerhead, or is there more sneaker muggle in you than you care to admit?
Where is platform 9 3/4 again?