2018 was a sneaker blur. Here is the break down.
- 2018 Sneaker Feels Reflection
- 2019 Looking Ahead
- 56 K readers stopped by this year to visit Solefullylaced.com Pretty amazing considering this is a first person, reflective blog about sneakers.
- I have met some really neat people who like kicks as much as I do. Most of them are as old as me too.
- With the exception of a few that got away (Union 1s and Shadow 1s), I pretty much got whatever I wanted. This is what most sneakerheads desire, but I have a different vision for 2019.
2018 Sneaker Feels Reflection
Hot sneaker releases came out in rapid fire succession, hitting sneakerheads’ wallets in a machine gun staccato manner.
With my wallet riddled with bullet hole induced purchases, I did not adhere to my righteous sneaker morals of copping less and reflecting more. Instead, I ended up reflecting more on why I copped more than I should have. Tisk tisk.
2019- Looking Ahead
So with 2019 already underway, I am not making any bold claims about sneaker purchases, but instead acknowledge that I physically have no more space in my home for new shoes without the removal of current stock.
My goals for 2019 are simple.
- I still have deadstock kicks from 2018 that have not left my closet. My plan is to eventually make time to wear said kicks and then only chase grail status level sneaks. I have my eyes on you Shattered Backboard 3.0 and of course the rumoured Chicago 1 re-release.
- Get a shovel. It is time to start delving deeper into the sneaker world by working with others affiliated in the industry.
That’s it, that’s all. Thanks for rocking with Solefullylaced in 2018. I hope that you continue to lace up with me as I forge ahead in the next chapter of my sneaker expedition.
To sneaker infinity and beyond!