You ask any real sneakerhead.
It doesn’t matter if you’re OG or new school, Jordans are Jordans.Sneaker Diesel
That is how I imagine Vin Diesel, AKA Dominic Toretto, responding as a sneakerhead, on the importance of Air Jordans on sneaker culture.
As most of my sneaker followers can attest to, I echo echo echo Sneaker Diesel’s response. Jordan 1s and 3s are my go to pairs of kicks; and rightfully so after tastefully withstanding the test of time.
But what happens if playing basketball sparks joy, but the Jays you like stopped becoming relevant after the 11th model?
Simple. If they don’t spark joy, don’t buy them.
Enter the Kobe Protro 4 in a simple black and yellow colourway. This is a sneaker that sparks joy for me on the basketball court.
Here are 7 reasons why the Kobe Protro 4 sparks joy as a basketball based performance sneaker.
- Excellent heel lockdown.
- Great grip on mild to even moderately dusty surfaces.
- Very stable forefoot with the addition of a wide outrigger.
- Medium to wide foot friendly design.
- Good cushioning despite the false forefoot Zoom claim.
- Decent on style/appearance options. Despite being a more attractive option, I passed on the Wizenard colourway because of the translucent outsole.
- Excellent overall performance for back court players.
Kobe Protro 4- sparking sneaker joy on basketball courts around the world.